Become a successful certified ChiRunning Coach
Share your passion and building a business by teaching more than just a running technique
Do you love to run? Would you love to share that passion with others? The ChiRunning Instructor Training Programme will help you hone your running technique, and provide you with the skillset to coach others.
As a qualified ChiRunning Instructor you will enjoy a wonderful business opportunity, becoming part of a growing network dedicated to inspiring and empowering runners of all levels.
The Programme comprises…
- Access to a comprehensive online training course and teaching materials
- A 4-day practical workshop covering advanced technique and teacher training
- 2 one-to-one sessions with the UK director, delivered online or in-person
The Programme delivers…
- An in-depth understanding of the key principles and components of the ChiRunning technique
- The teaching cues, drills and exercises to teach ChiRunning lessons including posture, breathing, video observation, hill running, speed with ease, training programme development
- An understanding of basic anatomy and physiology including an overview of the kinetic chain, muscle sling systems and myofascial meridians
- An understanding of the importance of, and science behind, a mindful approach to exercise
- An introduction to basic business development and connection to the network of world-wide ChiRunning Instructors
- The opportunity to improve your own personal practice
Gray is a master coach and teacher trainer of both the ChiRunning and Oxygen Advantage technique. He is also a master kettlebell instructor, specialist exercise personal trainer and director of Adventures In Movement.
"I discovered a passion for health and fitness in 2004 and made a career-change in 2010 from graphic designer to running coach and personal trainer.
In 2014 I was appointed Master Instructor and Director of ChiRunning UK & Ireland, responsible for the management of ChiRunning across this region. Looking to develop my skill-set further, in 2016 I trained as an Oxygen Advantage Instructor with Patrick McKeown and became the first UK Certified Instructor. In 2018 I trained with Patrick in the Buteyko Breathing method, upon which the Oxygen Advantage is based.
I enjoy working on a 1-2-1 basis with clients and seeing their progression and improvement overtime, whatever their personal goals. I also hold regular workshops in London, across the UK, Europe and worldwide including the USA, Oman and Bali (2020). I also train new instructors in the ChiRunning and Oxygen Advantage methods. My current personal practice includes kettlebells and body-weight strength and conditioning to complement a marathon-maintenance running programme.
I prefer distance over speed when running completing marathons, half marathons, marathons and ultras.
Breathing is at best neglected in training programmes and at worst taught without consideration of the biochemistry of the process. I believe the Oxygen Advantage is the missing link that gives athletes the edge in competition and helps recreational fitness enthusiasts avoid injury, overtraining, build resilience and enjoy achieving their best!"
StartSCRIPT: Introduction to Posture
StartTEST: Standing posture pull down test
StartSCRIPT: Standing posture stance
StartVIDEO TUTORIAL: Standing posture stance (9:39)
StartSCRIPT: Balance exercises
StartVIDEO TUTORIAL: Balance exercises (3:57)
PreviewADDITIONAL LEARNING VIDEO TUTORIAL; The power of posture (38:40)
StartSUMMARY: Posture teaching points (1:27)